I have worked as a psychotherapist for the past 27 years; throughout this time, I have had the privilege to witness profound changes and healing in people. For this reason, I am passionate about this work. I trust implicitly in each person’s ability to heal and to thrive.
My specializations are:
- trauma therapy for post-traumatic stress
- therapy for healing depression and anxiety
- relationship therapy
- and spiritual growth and evolution
I work extensively with individuals who are coping with symptoms of anxiety, depression, grief, and post-traumatic stress. In addition, many of the people I see are struggling to create meaningful change in their relationships. I work with couples and families to help them to learn to better manage conflict, to achieve greater understanding and stronger connection – physical and emotional. Many people also come to therapy to grow through life transitions and to evolve spiritually. My approach is to emphasize each person’s, couple’s, and families’ strengths and to work with them in a collaborative manner. We work together to co-create their vision of a fulfilling relationship and life. Each person possesses the capacity to heal. Therapy is a vehicle to help tap into that intuitive guidance and wealth of inner resources.
Areas of Practice
- Transforming trauma – healing post-traumatic stress from accidents, witnessing violence, abuse (emotional, physical, and sexual), separations and losses, bullying, childhood wounding, workplace stress and trauma, illness.
- Healing depression, anxiety, and grief
- Strengthening relationships – couples and families.
- Overcoming addictions
- Evolving spiritually through life transitions.
- Eye Movement Desensitization Therapy (EMDR)
- Internal Family Systems Therapy (IFS)
- Somatic Experiencing (SE)
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) including Mindfulness Approaches and Acceptance Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Gottman Couples Therapy
- Solution-oriented therapy
- Compassionate Inquiry
- Narratives Therapy
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Psychology (B.A. Honours)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
Professional Memberships and Affiliations
- BCASW #1000951 BC Association of Social Workers
- BCCSW #04070 BC College of Social Workers, Registered Clinical Social Worker
I was inspired to help others following several years of doing my own healing work with a gifted clinical social worker/family therapist. The therapeutic relationship provides the basis for helping people to reconnect, in a deeply meaningful way, to themselves and to others. Over the course of the past 27 years, I have enjoyed ongoing training and learning; I have worked with people of all life stages from a wide variety of backgrounds. As a result, I am very comfortable working with many concerns. Work experience has included: private practice with individuals, couples, groups, and families over the past 20 years, family service agencies, child and adult mental health services, trauma recovery services, employee and family assistance services, and addictions recovery services.